The J.T. Sims/Neal Building
Built in 1883, the building originally housed a grocery and the "Mozart Hall". In the late 1800's, the "Mozart Hall" was home to traveling musicians and vocalists who entertained the townspeople. Later, the building was the home of a variety store called "Noah's Ark". From 1932 to 2003, the Neal family operated a business in this location. In 2003, the Neal family donated the building to the Nicholas County Historical Society.
Carlisle-Nicholas Co. Tourism, Inc. and the Nicholas County Historical Society restored the historic 1883 J.T. Sims/Neal Building which were converted into a welcome center, museum, concert and events venue with Mozart Hall on the second floor, and a warming kitchen, meeting area, shop and displays on the first floor which also is home for Tourism and the chamber of Commerce.