Main Site Tourism Historical Society   Events
 Back Next Map Home
 Image
MAIN STREET
48) Nicholas County Courthouse
1893

The present building is the fourth courthouse. Brick masons were James and Robert George with stone work by Max Metzger.

Originally the land was Samuel Kincart's 200 acre farm. The location of courthouse was the site of the Kincart's peach orchard.

A monument in honor of John Kincart, Samuel's son and founder of Carlisle, is behind the courthouse.

© 2003 - Carlisle-Nicholas Co. Tourism, Inc. & Nicholas County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.