Main Site Tourism Historical Society   Events
 Back Next Map Home
 Image
UPPER LOCUST STREET
40) First Baptist Church
1902

Land was owned by Mrs. Tureman originally and contained her rose garden. She donated the land for the building of the church.

Before 1902, the Baptist congregation used the Carlisle Presbyterian Church on Broadway and the Old Baptist Church on Elm Street to meet for worship.

© 2003 - Carlisle-Nicholas Co. Tourism, Inc. & Nicholas County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.