Main Site Tourism Historical Society   Events
 Back Next Map Home
 Image
UPPER LOCUST STREET
36) Harry Smith King House
1907

Built by Thomas Pickrell as a residence for his newly married daughter, Isabel, and her husband, Harry Smith King. An earlier building was the site of a dry-goods store, before the buiding was torn down. Ownership of the King house passed from the Kings to their daughter, Jane King. At her death in 1972 it became the property of the adjoining Carlisle Christian Church which uses it as a Sunday School and office building.

© 2003 - Carlisle-Nicholas Co. Tourism, Inc. & Nicholas County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.