Main Site Tourism Historical Society   Events
 Back Next Map Home
 Image
MAIN STREET
5) J.T. Sims / Neal Building
Circa 1883

This building housed a grocery and the Mozart Hall. In the late 1800's, the Mozart Hall was home to traveling musicians and vocalists who entertained the townspeople.

Later, the building was the home of Noah's Ark variety store.

From 1932 to 2003, the Neal family operated a business in this location.

In 2003, the Neal family donated the building to Carlisle-Nicholas Co. Tourism, Inc. and the Nicholas County Historical Society. It has been renovated to serve as the welcome center for visitors of Carlisle.

- View the new facade of the Neal Welcome Center
© 2003 - Carlisle-Nicholas Co. Tourism, Inc. & Nicholas County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.